The Case School of Engineering has enjoyed a long history of success and achievement. For over a century, we have been recognized for world-class faculty, cutting-edge research, first-rate students, and critical thinking philosophy. The same factors that have enabled The Case School of Engineering to be recognized as one of the world's top engineering schools in the past are the cornerstones on which we are building our future.
The School opened its doors in 1967 -- the result of the merger between Case Institute of Technology, founded in 1947, and the Case School of Applied Sciences, founded in 1880. Today the Case School of Engineering continues to pioneer research in many emerging technologies that will affect the way we live, work, and think in the next millennium.
Currently, more than 1900 students and 115 full-time faculty members are organized in seven academic departments: